Wednesday, September 2, 2009

OUCHY HAND!!

8.19.09 ~ Kyann burned both of hands on our grill!:( I was putting hamburgers on the grill and Kyann walked up behind me and before I even realized she was there she put both hands on the grill!:( Needless to say she SCREAMED for 2 1/2 hrs.!!:( I wasn't sure what to do so I called my MIL and she came to the rescue!!!:) Thank goodness for Grandmas! We kept her hands in ice cold water for about 10 min. at time for 2 hrs. She hated it to start with and fought us....it took 3 of us to keep them in the water!:( About the last half hour she started to realize that the cold water was making it feel better so she would put her hands in herself...she feel asleep with her hands in the water...bless her little heart! She ended up with several blisters. The worst one was right beside her thumb and it busted the very next morning!:( That place got very sore and every time she bumped it it started bleeding. On Monday (8.24.09) I took her the Dr. b/c I didn't think it was looking very good. He said she had second and third degree burns in that area. We continued to keep it bandaged using B & W ointment (that is some good stuff!) for about a week. It looks really good now! When we ask her where her ouchy hand is she immediately shows us her right hand and when we say something is "hot" she pulls away! I'm so glad it's better now, I just hate to see my kiddos in pain!!:(

About a week after it happened...

The night it happened..all bandaged up before bed!

This is when she had the blister, you can't really see it, she didn't want to hold still!


~KaRen~


No comments:

Post a Comment